How Do I Know?
How Do I Know If I Have Periodontal Disease?
The warning signs for gum disease are:
- Bleeding gums that bleed while brushing
- Red, swollen or tender gums
- Gums that have pulled away from the teeth
- Continued bad breath
- Pus between the teeth and gums
- Loose or separating teeth
- A change in the way your teeth fit together when you bite
- A change in the fit of partial dentures
You should check yourself for the warning signs of gum disease. However, you may have gum disease that has spread into the bone and do not have any of these symptoms. Because many people do not experience any pain, gum disease often goes unnoticed. That is why it is important to have regular dental appointments, including a periodontal exam. If your dentist has not checked you for it, you need to see Dr. Vravick for a periodontal examination today. It is that important to your health.
Are You At Risk For Periodontal Disease?
Millions of people have periodontal disease and don’t know it. The American Academy of Periodontology`s risk assessment test will help you see if you are at risk for having or developing periodontal diseases. Please take a few moments to complete the short questionnaire.
Don`t let periodontal disease take away your smile. If you are at risk, consult Dr. Vravick right away – and help save your natural teeth!